Instagram, Snapchat And Death Messages

This one is just to say, when did Instagram become Snapchat?

I mean these are cool to play with and all, but you know...

I was on Snapchat for I think 3 days. I did not see the point of it. I mean, unless people check it every day they would miss your post as it vanishes.

Then again freakin' Facebook is doing the same thing now as well. Seems a lot of services are. I'm just waiting for YouTube to have this kind of thing for a video - up for a day then POOF gone. Or at least be able to set the self destruct date.

Speaking of YouTube I keep a video set on schedule for 6 months down the road. Every month I change the date. Just in case I drop dead then 6 months later the I'm Dead message gets posted just to traumatize my friends. I'm kidding, but I'm sure someone thought of actually doing this.

For a short time (before they failed) you where able to buy a device that checked to see if you are alive. If not it shared a message on your social media 2 hours later that you had died. Now I thought of this idea then found out someone tried to sell these things already - so much for my get rich plans...

Can you imagine? The freaking thing breaks and does not know you are still alive. 2 hours later as you sleep your death message is posted. Then the next day people are pissed at you for this post... Yup I see a big problem here.

Personally I just want to keep the friends wondering what happened to me until they google "David Nicholson Obituary Moose Jaw" - and find out I'm dead. It's better that way I think - as they already think I'm dead and the shock is not there as it's expected...

I have joked that I want my friend to post a photo of my dead body on Facebook if he is the one that finds me. But that is just a joke - I'm not that sick and neither is he. Best thing is (with out googling to see), I bet someone has done this.

Anywho - I'm off to get another coffee... MMM coffee...

Comments

Most Popular In Last 30 Days

SAID Did Not Handle It at All

Feeling Abandoned by the SAID Program (Saskatchewan Disability)

Medical Update (Disturbing Photo Warning)

Accent & Pronunciation Tag